Avast Antivirus software is a avast antivirus free download that has received positive reviews. It can be downloaded from the Avast website. Read on to learn how to use Avast Antivirus.
1. Right-click on the Avast icon on your task bar.
2. Use your mouse to click the eject button in the right hand corner. Click on "Schedule Boot Time Scan."
3. Choose to scan either the entire disk or specific folders. Browse to folders to select them.
4. Click the boxes for "Scan Archive Files."
5. Check the box for advanced settings. Use the pull-down choices to specify that you want Avast to delete infected files. To prevent pop up messages from appearing during system scans, select "Allow to Delete System Files."
6. Click on your Windows start button, then choose Programs-Accessories-System Tools-Scheduled Tasks.
7. Double-click "Add Scheduled Task."
8. Browse to the folder on which Avast is installed.
9. Select "ashQuick.exe.".
10. Type in a name for the task and specify how often you want it to run. On the next screen, select the days and times that you want the scan to run.
11. Open advanced properties.
12. Enter the paths you want scanned. Use quotes if there is a space in the name of the folder, such as "program files". To scan the whole drive, type the drive letter with a colon and no quotes. Type this information after the program executable line. For example, to scan your C drive only type C: and to scan the program files directory type "C:Program Files" (the quotes are included because of the space in Program Files).
13. Test the scan by clicking "Advanced," then choose "Start Using Task Scheduler." The scan will now run. If the scan does not run or you get an error, check your path in the advanced properties.
14. Click on the buttons on the right side of the Avast console. The top button allows you to choose which hard drives to scan. The middle button lets you scan CD and floppy drives.
15. Choose the bottom button to select folders to be scanned. Browse through the folders and make your selections.