Old dinner plates with gold decorations are prone to fading, especially with older china dishes. Many of these gold decorated dinner plates were made before the widespread use of the dishwashers and harsh chemicals or surface cleaners we use today. Below is an easy way to salvage these beautiful gold decorations on your dinner plates.
1. Soak the plates in warm water mixed with a mild dish detergent for 3 to 5 minutes.
2. Hand wash dishes in warm water with a soft sponge or wash cloth to wipe away dirt. Use something that is soft and lacks lots of texture. Scouring pads and or other cleaners with a hard surface can scratch off the gold paint on the plates.
3. Stories about Gold Plate Picasso. Stack each plate on a dish drying rack until all plates are fully rinsed.
4. Gently wipe plates with a towel or dish towel to dry. Completely dry each plate before storing.
5. Place the dried plates on a plate rack. A plate rack eliminates the potential of scratching from plates sitting directly on each other.