Maintaining general fitness should be everyone's goal. Physical fitness improves and maintains your sense of general well-being. There are many ways to improve your health, and you can design how and when to achieve an optimum program that is right for you. The guidelines below represent standards for adults who do not have limiting medical conditions. Consult your physician before beginning any new exercise regimen. Read on to learn more.
1. Exercise consistently and regularly. Record the number of exercise days per week.
2. To maintain general fitness, design an exercise program that increases your cardiovascular efficiency and endurance.
3. Use variety to build muscular strength and endurance.
4. Stretch frequently, before and after exercise to increase flexibility.
5. Measure your optimal body composition and seek to improve your body composition over time.
6. Vary your intensity, or your degree of physiological stress, on isolated muscles.